Do you ship internationally?
We ship internationally from the UK, shipping rates to countries outside of the UK will apply.
What are the shipping rates?
Ordering from the UK: FREE Shipping to customers in the UK for purchases over £20
You will receive your jacket within 2 working days of ordering
Ordering from EU, US, or Canada: £10. You will receive your jacket within 3-5 days
Ordering from anywhere else (outside of the above mentioned countries) in the world £20. You will receive your jacket within 10days
What is your returns policy?
For returns, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange your return to our UK facility. All returns will be charged for, other than if there is a factory fault.
Once we have received the jacket in good order, we will process a refund on the credit card that you paid for your purchase.
Our guidelines for returns:
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- All returns will be directed to our holding facility in the UK.
- The safety and cost of shipping a return, including customs duties is your responsibility, and if you would like to swap your purchase, we will ship the replacement to you for free.
- Items must be unused with tags still attached
- Items must be free from makeup and perfume, so please be mindful of this when trying them on
- We do not refund any sale items, but we will do our best to accommodate size swaps
- You will be refunded in your original form of payment
- For any factory faults, we will offer a full refund including shipping costs for the return of the item, or an exchange if we have availability.
- All clothing comes with a 3-month guarantee. If you have any problems with your jacket at any time after that, please feel free to be in touch, and we will do whatever we can to help.
What is the return address?
Fulfilment Crowd, Unit 2, Hillridge Road, Martland Park, Wigan, Lancashire, WN5OLS
What are your payment terms?
We accept all credit Cards via our secure payment gateway
How do I care for my Afromontane jacket?
The wool in our jackets is self- cleaning, but when the outer fabric gets dirty, here are the wash- care instructions:
- Hand or machine wash on a gentle cycle cold or 30°C
- Use a Gentle/Natural detergent that is wool-friendly.
- For oil marks on the fabric:
Spot clean, with “vanish bar soap” on marks, lather with plenty of water, rinse the soapy area, and surface dry with a towel. Or, use prewash spray (e.g Vanish), and rub it into the stain, before washing your whole jacket.
NB: The wool manufacturing process of being combed, lifts the loft (puffiness) of the jacket by 10-15%. After you wash your jacket for the first time, it will settle to its natural loft and not change again with further washing.
- Do not soak.
- Store out of the stuff bag.
Will my Afromontane jacket keep me warm when in very cold weather?
For temperatures from -8° C to +15° C: Our long jackets will keep you comfortably warm with minimal base layering.
Our men’s jackets and short jackets are best suited for temperatures ranging between -5° C to 15ºC
For colder weather between -15º C to 0°C, pair with our wool filled sleeveless or lite jacket underneath or wear our women’s oversized coat which has thicker wool (180g/m2) and a longer and looser fit, leaving enough space for thicker layering.
The range of temperatures that you will enjoy wearing your jackets are wide, due to the thermoregulatory properties of the wool. Whether you are wanting to feel comfortably warm in slightly cool weather or well insulated in subzero temperatures, the wool in our jackets is able to accommodate you.
Is my Afromontane jacket water proof?
Light rain: The wool in our jackets repels water for the first 10 minutes, then it absorbs water, keeping it away from your body so that you stay warm and dry.
Suitable for short periods of time in light rain.
Once you are out of the rain, your jacket will dry quickly ready to be worn again.
The lightweight fabric is treated with a CO water repellent coating, which means it has no fluorocarbons, which are harmful to the environment and humans that wear it. However we have found the water repellent strength of this choice less effective. Our jackets are still water repellent due to our use of wool as insulation.
Heavy rain: our jackets are not water Proof. The stitching is not seam sealed, so in heavy rain, it is best to pair this warmth layer with a waterproof raincoat.
Wind: The wool in our jackets is surprisingly wind buffering, offering comfort in high winds. Choosing a jacket with a hood is best for windy weather
Is my Afromontane jacket suitable for travelling?
Each jacket packs into a neat stuff bag and is the best travel companion due to its light weight, durability, and suitability for a wide range of weather conditions. It is perfect for transforming into a comforting travel pillow, blanket, or mat.